Are you looking for a kids ride on truck that would bring a real sense of independence in your kid? A kids ride-on toy truck that would really make your little one feel grown up, driving his very own truck? The Fisher-Price Power Wheels Ford F150 ride on truck is my choice. Let this review tell you why.
Power Wheels Ford F150 Review
The power wheels ford F150 is designed for kids between the ages of 3-6 years. The truck can hold 2 passengers, the advised weight per passenger is 65 pounds.
Features of Power Wheels Ford F150 Rideon
Let me quickly tell you about some the key features of the power wheels ford F150:
- The dimensions of the truck are: 29.5 x 35.5 x 51.8 inches
- Truck driving speed: 2.5 mph and 5 mph (max.) Reverse speed: 2.5mph max.
- The truck will drive on: Ruts, grass, gravel, mud, and more!
- Includes the Popular Ford F-150 styling plus a real-working FM radio, cool motor sounds, lift-and-lower tailgate with roomy truck bed.
- It also has pretend seat belts, built-in cup holders and a battery charge indicator.
- Equipped with Power Wheels® Ultimate Terrain Traction
How Well Power Wheels F150 Works
The Power Wheels Ford F150 is really cool for kids who want to drive in style. The roomy truck bed means your kids will have fun carrying out some outdoor chores. He or she can pop some juice in the cup holder, load up the roomy truck bed with gear, turn up the real, working FM radio, and drive off to exciting adventures! The truck includes great details such as chrome accents, hot foiled badges, play seat belts, dashboard storage, and a working “fuel gauge” that monitors battery level.
The Power wheels Ford F150 also features the Power Wheels Ultimate Terrain Traction. With this advanced tire package, the truck can “off-road” into areas that others can’t handle: It can drive over thick, wet grass, muddy areas, gravel, and other small backyard obstacles such as tree roots and garden hoses.
This vehicle requires a 12-volt rechargeable battery designed specifically for this toy, which is included with your purchase, as well as a battery charger. It also requires four C batteries (not included) to operate the FM radio. This Power Wheels toy is covered by a limited 1-year “Bumper-to-Bumper” warranty from the manufacturer.
Is This Battery Powered Ride-on Toy Truck Safe?
Isn’t that a great cause of concern for most of us parents? This truck is deemed safe. Let me tell you why:
- There is a safety mechanism in the truck. When it is switched on the truck will travel at a maximum speed of 2.5mph. This would work best when kids are are just beginners. But once he or she becomes more experienced, just remove the safety mechanism to reach maximum speed!
- The Power Wheels Ford F150 also features a specially designed safety braking system, which automatically stops the vehicle when the foot is removed from the pedal.
What Skills Does It Develop in Kids?
The Power Wheels Ford F150 will teach kids their coordination skills. They will learn how to coordinate between the steering, stopping and reversing. It also teaches them control of the vehicle.
The truck instills in kids a sens of independence. They get the freedom to do their own thing!
What’s the bad side?
- It is noisy on the pavement which could potentially annoy neighbors. Also it makes a whirring noise when operating, sort of like a high pitch whine, but I suppose we are all used to that noise.
- The radio gives kids to tune into random stations and as parents we might not like some of the things that they hear.
- The battery goes down faster when the FM radio is on, when you ride on a rougher terrain and a heavier load is hauled. When a kid drives the truck on his own the battery seems to last for a day, but the moment the passenger seat is full the battery dies out within a few hours. This shouldn’t be a surprise as this is the case with any battery-operated power equipment!
Where To Buy This Ford Rideon Truck
You can get the Power Wheels Ford 150 battery powered kids ride on truck and let your little ones enjoy his VERY OWN grown-ups truck.